The purpose of this policy is to pay employees for time worked in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with applicable federal, state & local laws, and to maintain the required supporting documents and records.
Employees are paid hourly or salary depending on what type of contract/agreement they have with Nashville State Community College and all employees are paid monthly. The workweek is Saturday through Friday. For payroll to be able to pay an employee, payroll must receive a Personnel Action Form (PAF) or an Extra Compensation Form from Human Resources. The different types and how they are paid is explained below.
A. Adjunct Faculty – Fall and spring semester contracts are divided into equal payments depending on the length of the contract and are paid the last day of the month, with the exception of December. Spring and fall semester contracts will receive their first payment at the end of February and September, respectively. For summer semester, if you teach a full 10-week summer session and it crosses fiscal years, your June paycheck will be based on the percentage of the 10-week session that is prior to June 30. The remainder of the contract will be paid in 2 equal payments. For example, for summer 2021, there are 51 days from the date classes start (May 24) until grades are due (August 2). There are 28 days from May 24-June 30; therefore, your June payment would be 55% of your total contract. The remaining 45% would be divided equally between July and August.
B. Temporary Hourly/Student Workers – Once payroll enters the PAF into Banner, you will be able to access your timesheet through MYNSCC. The timesheets are for a calendar month and paid on the 15th of the following month. For example, time submitted for work done in February will be paid on March 15.
C. Administrative/Professional/Executives – You will be paid at the end of the month for the current month. For example, your March 31 paycheck will be for work done in March.
D. Clerical – You will be paid at the end of the month for the current month. For example, your March 31 paycheck will be for work done in March. If you work overtime that month that is to be paid, you will receive it the following month.
E. Academic Year Faculty – You earn one-half of your salary in the fall and one-half your salary in the spring; however, it is paid over 12 months to maintain your benefits for the summer and where you won’t have a break in service. If you begin after the start of the academic year or leave before the end of the academic year, your salary will be prorated for that semester based on the percentage of days you will be working compared to number of days for working the full semester. For example, if the academic semester starts for faculty on August 12; however, you don’t start until August 24, you would receive 90% of the fall semester’s salary since there are 84 days in the fall semester. Same calculation would apply if you left before a semester ended.