1. Departmental/Visa purchasing card User Activities
· Departments are responsible for monitoring the appropriateness of purchases and insuring the availability of funds in their departmental budgets.
· Make sure purchases are being charged to the correct FOAPAL account number and object code.
· Order items as needed. No purchase order number is required. If a vendor asks for a purchase order number, use your departmental budget number.
· Instruct the vendor where to deliver materials. It is important that the vendor record on the packing slip your complete name, department name, building, and room number on each order. The only information central receiving has concerning where to deliver your goods are the vendors' packing slips. Packages may be picked up personally by the department, delivered directly to the department, or sent to central receiving (recommended if you are not going to be available to receive the goods. For example, during break periods.)
· Visa purchasing card users should tell vendors that NSCC is tax exempt before placing an order. The tax number is 1588804508. If a vendor wants a copy of the sales tax exemption certificate, it is available in accounts payable office. Employees will be responsible for any taxes charged to the Visa purchasing card.
1. Obtain the total cost of the order from the vendor (including shipping charges) before the order is placed. The total order must not exceed $1499.99 or other limits as designated on your card.
2. After each purchase, all information and supporting documentation should be taken to the departmental representative (this will be the person in the department responsible for maintaining the Pcard Monthly Activity Log and reconciling the monthly statements). This activity log will be used to verify the accuracy of vendors' charges on the monthly summary billing statement and serve as an audit trail for the college. It is important to record the name and telephone number of the vendor contact who processed your order for future reference. If there is no supporting documentation (i.e., invoice, packing slip, etc.), the Supporting Documentation Exception Form must be completed and filed with the activity log.
3. When merchandise is received, record date of receipt on the monthly activity log sheet, and keep all packing slips, receipts, invoices, and any other supporting documentation with the activity log.
2. Approval of The Monthly Card Statement
Each Pcard holder will receive a monthly card statement directly from the Purchasing Office, or designee. The monthly card statement will contain all the transactions associated with the Pcard holders account for the month. The monthly card statement must be reconciled by the departmental representative. Generally, the reconciliation includes validations that the transaction dates and amounts on the statement match the order dates and amounts of the actual orders.
Once the departmental representative reconciles the monthly card statement, he/she will be responsible for posting the departmental Pcard transactions along with dates, account numbers and object codes to Credit Card Activity Log in Dynamic Forms. Additionally, the monthly card statement file and a Combined Backup Documentation file must be uploaded to the Credit Card Activity Log.
The Combined Backup Documentation file must include a Purchasing Card Check List & Use of Credit Card form (Pcard form) and a copy of the receipt or order confirmation for each transaction all included into one PDF. If the Pcard was used for food and beverages then either a sign-in sheet or a “Grab and Go Statement” must be included with the Combined Backup Documentation. For food prepared for and event such as pizza, cake, sandwiches, etc., a sign-in sheet will be required. For packaged snacks such as crackers, chips, nuts, or bottled drinks that will be left unattended a sign-in sheet will not be required. In those cases, a simple statement “Grab and Go items” may be used instead of a sign-in sheet.
3. Procedures for Handling Discrepancies
· Log Amount Differs from Monthly Summary Billing Statement If the amount recorded on the Pcard Monthly Activity Log (i.e. amount quoted by the vendor) differs from the statement (excluding freight costs) contact the vendor. If tax is included in the amount, contact the vendor. If the amount referenced on the Pcard Monthly Activity Log is incorrect, the correction should be recorded on the Pcard Monthly Activity Log.
If the amount on the statement is incorrect, request the vendor to credit your credit card on the next statement. The log should be posted to ensure the credit is received.
If a copy of the transaction sales draft (vendor document provided to Regions BANK) is required to investigate the amount, send a written request to Purchasing Department. · Statement Charge from An Authorized Vendor Not on The Pcard Monthly Activity Log
Contact the vendor. If it is determined that the materials were received make a correction entry to the activity log.
If the charge should not have been posted to your account, ask the vendor to credit your card and make a correcting entry to your Pcard Monthly Activity Log.
· Statement Charge from A Non-Approved Vendor or Suspected Fraudulent Charge
Contact program administrator
ALL CREDITS DUE TO THE CARDHOLDER SHOULD BE LOGGED ON THE PCARD MONTHLY ACTIVITY LOG WITH ALL CHARGES
· Internal Controls The departmental representative is to make a detailed review of the activity Pcard Monthly Activity Log and the monthly summary billing statement within 10 days of receiving the summary billing statement to ensure the amounts charged reflect merchandise actually received. The reviewer is to sign and date the Pcard Monthly Activity Log to indicate the review was performed. The department head/dean will also approve the Pcard Monthly Activity Log. All logs, packing slips, and charge/sales slips should be maintained centrally in the department with the monthly summary billing statements. Records must be kept for three fiscal years following the current year. These are official NSCC records which may only be disposed of in accordance with Tennessee Board of Regents Guideline G-070.
· Regions Bank Activities
1. Pay vendors as they submit visa charges.
2. Control credit verification.
3. Provide original billing statement to accounts payable and monthly summary billing statements to the purchasing office. Provide analyses access to program administrator.
4. Send quadruplicate copies of sales drafts in the event of a disputed charge.
· Program Administrator Activities
1. Process authorized requests for Visa purchasing cards, maintain control of active cards, and close accounts in accordance with operating procedures.
2. Establish and maintain each card so that transactions are charged to the correct account.
3. Maintain listing of cardholders, and review summary reports online to enable Purchasing to identify unauthorized use.
4.Exercise general control over the Purchasing Card Program